- Why do I like this song so much?
- Why is this song so meaningful to me?
- Memory is tied to emotion.
- There is a psychological relationship between the human experience and music.
- Reflecting on how music has impacted our lives is important for emotional growth and maturity.
- (Priority) Responding #7: Perceive and analyze artistic work
- (Priority) Responding #8: Construct meaningful interpretations of artistic work
- (Priority) Connecting #10: Synthesize and relate knowledge and personal experiences to make art
- (Priority) MU:Re7.1.6a Select or choose music to listen to and explain the connections to specific interests or experiences for a specific purpose.
- (Priority) MU:Re8.1.6a Describe a personal interpretation of how performers’ application of the elements of music and expressive qualities, within genres and cultural and historical context, convey expressive intent.
- (Priority) MU:Cn10.1.6a Demonstrate how interests, knowledge, and skills relate to personal choices and intent when creating, performing, and responding to music as developmentally appropriate.
What to Teach
- I can/SWBAT identify 5 important life events.
- I can/SWBAT identify 5 songs that relate to these events.
- I can/SWBAT make connections between the events and their significance using narrative style writing.