- How can I sing So & Mi in different songs?
- Dominant (SO/5) and Mediant (MI/3) pitches from the diatonic scale are used in music in various patterns.
- (Priority) Performing #4: Select, analyze, and interpret artistic work for presentation
- (Supporting) Performing #5: Develop and refine artistic techniques and work for presentation
- (Supporting) Performing #6: Convey meaning through the presentation of artistic work
- (Priority) MU:Pr4.1.Kb With guidance, explore and demonstrate awareness of musical contrasts (for example, high/low, loud/soft, same/different) in a variety of music selected for performance.
- (Supporting) MU:Pr5.1.Ka With guidance, apply personal, teacher, and peer feedback to refine performances.
- (Supporting) MU.Pr6.1.Kb Perform appropriately for the audience.
What to Teach
- I can/SWBAT sing in a head voice.
- I can/SWBAT sing musical melodies that utilize the following pitches from the diatonic scale:
- I can/SWBAT compare high and low sounds.
- I can/SWBAT compare loud and soft sounds.
- I can/SWBAT compare same and different sounds.