- How do I play a melody on pitched percussion instruments?
- Pitched percussion can be used to play melodies.
- Playing pitched percussion requires demonstration of mallet technique, and literacy of melodic and rhythmic patterns.
- (Supporting) Creating #2: Organize and develop artistic ideas and work
- (Priority) Performing #4: Select, analyze, and interpret artistic work for presentation
- (Priority) Performing #6: Convey meaning through the presentation of artistic work
- (Supporting) MU:Cr2.1.3a Demonstrate selected musical ideas for a simple improvisation or composition to express intent and describe connection to a specific purpose and context.
- (Supporting) MU:Pr4.1.3b Demonstrate understanding of the structure in music selected for performance.
- (Priority) MU:Pr4.1.3c When analyzing selected music, read and perform rhythmic patterns and melodic phrases using iconic and standard notation.
- (Priority) MU:Pr6.1.3a Perform music with expression and technical accuracy.
What to Teach
- I can/SWBAT play pitched percussion with proper mallet technique.
- I can/SWBAT decode melodic notes and rhythms for the purpose of playing pitched percussion.
- I can/SWBAT perform melodies on pitched percussion.