- How do I perform for an audience?
- How do I prepare for a concert or recital?
- Public performance is a crucial part of any performing arts program.
- (Supporting) Performing #5: Develop and refine artistic techniques and work for presentation
- (Priority) Performing #6: Convey meaning through the presentation of artistic work
- (Supporting) Responding #9: Apply criteria to evaluate artistic work
- (Supporting) MU:Pr5.1.4a Apply teacherprovided and collaboratively developed criteria and feedback to evaluate accuracy and expressiveness of ensemble and personal performances.
- (Priority) MU:Pr6.1.4a Perform music, alone or with others, with expression, technical accuracy, and appropriate interpretation.
- (Priority) MU:Pr6.1.4b Demonstrate performance decorum and audience etiquette appropriate for the context, venue, and genre.
- (Supporting) MU:Re9.1.4a Evaluate musical works and performances, applying established criteria, and explain appropriateness to the context.
What to Teach
- I can/SWBAT use teacher provided criteria and feedback to refine musical skills for an upcoming public performance.
- I can/SWBAT perform with expression and technical accuracy.
- I can/SWBAT perform appropriately for an audience.
- I can/SWBAT reflect on and evaluate my public performance.