- How do artists work?
- How do artists and designers determine whether a particular direction in their work is effective?
- How do artists and designers learn from trial and error?
- Artists and designers experiment with forms, structures, materials, concepts, media and art making approaches.
- Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work.
- Organize and develop artistic ideas and work.
- Refine and complete artistic work.
- VA:Cr2.1.1a Explore uses of materials and tools to create works of art or design.
- VA:Cr2.2.1a Demonstrate safe and proper procedures for using materials, tools and equipment while making art.
- VA:Cr3.1.1a Use art vocabulary to describe choices while creating art.
What to Teach
Creating with Line
Creating with Shape
Experimenting With Art Lesson 3 page 55
Students will experiment with lines to create images and tell stories through their artwork
Students will experiment with shapes to create images and tell stories through their artwork.
Pre assessment (Lines)
Pre assessment (Shapes)
Post Assessment (Shapes)
Elements of Art and Principles of Design Display Cards
Experimenting With Art
Piet Mondrian visuals www.moma.org
Theodor Geisel (Dr. Seuss) visuals http://www.drseussart.com/
Henri Matisse visuals http://www.henri-matisse.net/cut_outs.html
Eric Carle visuals http://www.eric-carle.com/home.html