- How do artists work
- How do artists and designers determine whether a particular direction in their work is effective?
- How do artists and designers learn from trial and error?
- How do artists and designers care for and maintain materials tools and equipment?
- What responsibilities come with the freedom to create?
- Artists and designers experiment with forms, structures, materials, concepts, media and art making approaches.
- Artists and designers balance experimentation and safety, freedom and responsibility, while developing and creating artworks.
- Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work.
- Organize and develop artistic ideas and work.
- Refine and complete artistic work.
- VA:Cr2.1.1a Explore uses of materials and tools to create works of art or design.
- VA:Cr2.2.1a Demonstrate safe and proper procedures for using materials, tools and equipment while making art.
- VA:Cr3.1.1a Use art vocabulary to describe choices while creating art.
What to Teach
Caring for and maintaining materials, tools and equipment
Students will demonstrate proper use of tools and materials.
Students will experiment with color mixing.
Students will create a work of art using color mixing
- I can identify the primary colors.
- I can identify the secondary colors.
- I can mix two primary colors to make a secondary color.
- I can create a painting with mixed colors.