- How do artists and designers create works of art or design that effectively communicate?
- What role does persistence play in planning, revising and refining work over time?
- What factors prevent or encourage people to take creative risks?
- How does collaboration expand the creative process?
- Creativity and innovative thinking are essential life skills that can be developed.
- Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work.
- Organize and develop artistic ideas and work.
- Refine and complete artistic work.
- VA:Cr2.1.2a Experiment with various materials and tools to explore personal interests in a work of art or design.
- VA:Cr1.1.2a Brainstorm collaboratively multiple approaches to an art or design.
- VA:Cr2.2.2a Demonstrate safe procedures for using and cleaning art tools, equipment and studio spaces.
What to Teach
Students will demonstrate proper use of tools and materials.
Students will experiment with types of patterns on Pattern Worksheet.
Students will create a work of art that incorporates stamped pattern.
Google Cultural Institute Art Project