- How do artists and designers create works of art or design that effectively communicate?
- What role does persistence play in planning, revising and refining work over time?
- What factors prevent or encourage people to take creative risks?
- How does collaboration expand the creative process?
- Creativity and innovative thinking are essential life skills that can be developed.
- Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work.
- Organize and develop artistic ideas and work.
- Refine and complete artistic work.
- VA:Cr2.1.2a Experiment with various materials and tools to explore personal interests in a work of art or design.
- VA:Cr1.1.2a Brainstorm collaboratively multiple approaches to an art or design.
- VA:Cr2.2.2a Demonstrate safe procedures for using and cleaning art tools, equipment and studio spaces.
What to Teach
Efficient and safe use of scissors and glue
Students will create a collage.
- I can explain what a collage is.
- I can gather and choose a variety of materials for a collage.
- I can overlap materials in my collage.
- I can arrange and rearrange my materials before gluing.
Google Cultural Institute Art Project
Henri Matisse visuals
Romare Bearden visuals
Pablo Picasso visuals