- How do artists work?
- How do artists and designers determine whether a particular direction in their work is effective?
- How do artists and designers learn from trial and error?
- How do artists and designers care for and maintain materials tools and equipment?
- What responsibilities come with the freedom to create?
- Artists and designers experiment with forms, structures, materials, concepts, media and art making approaches.
- Artists and designers balance experimentation and safety, freedom and responsibility, while developing and creating artworks.
- Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work.
- Organize and develop artistic ideas and work.
- Refine and complete artistic work.
- VA:Cr2.1.1a Explore uses of materials and tools to create works of art or design.
- VA:Cr2.2.1a Demonstrate safe and proper procedures for using materials, tools and equipment while making art.
- VA:Cr3.1.1a Use art vocabulary to describe choices while creating art.
What to Teach
Working with Clay
Students will manipulate clay into a three-dimensional.