- What is an image?
- Where and how do we encounter images in our world?
- How do images influence our views of the world?
- How is a personal preference different from an evaluation?
- Visual imagery influences understanding of and responses to the world.
- People evaluate art based on various criteria.
- VA:Re9.1.2a Use learned art vocabulary to express preferences about artwork.
- VA:Cn11.1.2a Compare and contrast cultural uses of artwork from different times and places.
- VA:Cn10.1.2a Create works of art about events in home, school, or community life.
What to Teach
Looking at Art
Students will analyze various works of art.
Students will create art with personal meaning.
Art About My World
- I can create a work of art that reflects my life.