- How can the viewer “read” a work of art as text?What is an art museum?
- Why do people value objects, artifacts, and artworks and select them for presentation?
- How does art help us understand the lives of people of different times, places, and cultures?
- Understanding and evaluating how art conveys meaning.
- Visual imagery influences understanding of and responses to the world.
- AS Interpret intent and meaning in artistic work.
- VA:Pr4.1.1a Explain why some objects, artifacts and artworks are valued over others.
- VA:Cn11.1.1a Understand that people from different places and times have made art for a variety of reasons.
What to Teach
Responding to Artwork
Students will experience a virtual museum tour.
Students will view and discuss various works of art.
Students will locate artist names and titles in various locations.(museum exhibit, books, prints)
- I can explain what an art museum is.